By: Jeff Dudley − Vice President Oscarware, Inc.
- 1/2 lb. Fresh Asparagus
- 1 medium size yellow squash halved and sliced into appx. ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium size red onion quartered (optional)
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 6 small red new potatoes halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper, kosher salt and garlic−set aside for use in step four.
- If using a gas or electric grill, preheat to medium. If using a charcoal grill, start your fire and maintain until the coals glow orange but still have a gray hew. DO NOT place your Grilltopper® on the grill at this point!
- Arrange asparagus, yellow squash, onion (optional), mushrooms and potatoes on the Grilltopper®.
- Place the Grilltopper® with vegetables on the grill. Cook over medium heat. Continuously baste the vegetables with the mixture from step one.
- Turn the vegetables using tongs. Continue to cook over medium heat until the vegetables are to your desired doneness. HINT: When grilling vegetables, it's normally best to not overcook−al dente is the way to go, in my opinion.
- Turn off the grill and remove the Grilltopper® from the grill immediately (it's very convenient to carry the food on directly to the kitchen or patio table). Make sure to use protective mitts, dish towel, etc. as the Grilltopper® will be VERY hot!
- Enjoy! Makes 4 servings